Nothing can sap a person’s strength and hope quite like a cancer diagnosis–unless it is the energy-stealing radiation, chemotherapy and surgeries faced in the fight to survive. But one can find hope and strength in the pages of Scripture and in the experience of someone who has been there.

Strength Renewed by Shirley Corder is an encouraging devotional guide for those traversing the traumatic valley of cancer, whether as a patient, a survivor, or someone who cares.

Meditations combine Scripture and stories from the author’s own experience and can be read in sequential order to move the reader through a typical cancer journey from diagnosis through treatment. Each devotion also stands on its own, so readers can go directly to the entry that speaks to their need.

You have a partner and a cheerleader in Shirley–and in God–on the rough road ahead. Let Strength Renewed lift you up as you travel.

Available wherever good books are sold or at any of the popular online sites.

Link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Strength-Renewed-Meditations-Journey-through/dp/0800720237/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1347821791&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=strength+renewed)

By |2016-12-20T19:30:05+00:00October 19th, 2012|Easy Writer|10 Comments

10 Comments

1. Cecelia Lester October 19, 2012 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Hello, I have a copy of this book. I haven’t had the opportunity to study it but I am blocking some time to get into it. I have plan to give it to the next woman who our church hears of who is fighting this disease.

2. Margaret Fieland October 19, 2012 at 11:34 pm - Reply

I am a breast cancer survivor and I have Shirley’s wonderful book. I’m going to take it along with me to my upcoming check-up at the Faulkner and leave the book on the shelf for others to read.

3. Karen Cioffi October 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm - Reply

Shirley, your book, Renewed Strength, sounds amazing. Everyone, at one point or another in their lives, can benefit from inspiration and encouragement. Best wishes for its success.

• Shirley Corder April 29, 2013 at 1:44 pm - Reply

Thanks Karen. I’m encouraged with all the positive comments I’ve received. God is using this book!

4. Sue Peters October 24, 2012 at 12:40 pm - Reply

I wish this book would have been out in 2010 already when I walked through the same valley…but am glad it is hear now! Thank you to the author for all the encouragements she took time to put on paper!

• Shirley Corder April 29, 2013 at 1:45 pm - Reply

Thank you Sue. Yes, I actually wrote the book I wanted in 1997, so it’s been a while in coming. Please Lord it will help many others.

5. Ruth Ann Dell October 25, 2012 at 6:33 pm - Reply

Shirley’s beautifully written book is full of encouragement and inspiration. I’m sending a copy to someone special to me who has recently had a mastectomy as I know it will be a blessing to her.

• Shirley Corder April 29, 2013 at 1:46 pm - Reply

Great that you’re passing it on, Ruth. Thanks for sharing this, and please tell your friend I wish her all the best.